- OCTOBER 15, 2020
- AHS AUDITION PREP: Wind Ensemble II
- Perform a classical Concerto or an Intermediate Piece (Nocturne?) of classical repertoire on your instrument containing lyrical and technical passages.
- Please prepare the Concert Ab, G and D Major the full range of your instrument. THINK NOTE NAMES WHEN YOU PLAY.
- Chromatic scale one octave.
- KLOSE #4 – for clarinet
- Accurate fingerings. No grace notes
- Add dynamics where it’s not written.
ARTISTRY OF FUNDAMENTALS | use your metronome!
—- Articulations (100) > Top & Bottom
—- Rhythm Study No.2 (100) > Use the Bb Scale
—- 3/4 Etude > Top & Bottom (100)
KLOSE (book for saxophone)
Klose #4, 11, 12 > Nice warm up & tone builder.
FIRST PRACTICAL STUDIES
7/24/2020 – Review the following:
Page 8: Exercises F > Chromatic Warm-up >> USE “chromatic” fingerings > Tempo =96
Page 6: Exercises #7 > Tempo = 76
Page 7: Exercises B, C, D & E
Page 8: Exercises #8 & 9
PARES SCALES | REMEMBER TO TAKE ALL REPEATS
7/17/2020 – Review / Tempos 8th note = 96
REVIEW: #22 & 23 > Embourchure studies | Repeat 3-4 times
#24 > F Major > Play top, then bottom > SLOWLY to get the best tone building
#27 > Scales > Working on muscle memory & tone | Repeat 3-4 times. Hold down right hand for C + [A or Ab, or G]
#28-30 > Page 9 > all exercises
OUTSTANDING SOLOIST Solo:
Nocturne / L. Bassi” for 2021 > PDF MUSIC
JAZZ FOR CLARINET | Learn & practice your tenor pieces on clarinet
7/11 – Harvest Moon
— Learn, then try to play with the track
— New note: E (is like G)