TUESDAYS > 4:00-5:00
LESSON OVERVIEW | October 20
- MINOR SCALES > Natural Minor > 1 octave
- PARES SCALES > Bb Major > Page 14-16 > Exercises #45-55
- JAZZ > REVIEW: “Foo Birds” Solo. Prepare to play it with drum track.
- JAZZ > PREVIEW: Count Bubba’s Revenge | PDF | Audio | YouTube
- CHROMATIC SCALE (Honor Band) > Practice your chromatic scale with different articulations
LESSON OVERVIEW | October 6
- CBDA Scales > Practice your chromatic scale with different articulations
- LONG TONES!!
- Melodius & Progressive Studies (see below)
- Play one KLOSE exercise a day > Repeating it 2-3 times.
- Extra time > play something fun, like the jazz songs.
- MRS FRUELING’S SYLLABUS:
- Major Scales up to 4-sharps & 4-flats | Grand Master Scales > LINK
- TWO OCTAVE SCALES | PDF
- LEVELS | PDF
- Sept 15 > Level 3 > Write out the third exercise in 2/4 time
- Sept 8 > Levels 1 & 2
Please alert me to any new assignments!
- Concert Bb Scale going up by 1/2 steps.
- Whole notes with vibrato!
- 1/2 notes-1/2 steps with continuous vibrato pulse.
** If you need to first play the 16th note pulse pattern, you can do that to set the vibrato pattern – with emphasis on the down beats (or) note 1 of 4.
*** Work on holding out “problem notes” out with vibrato.
- PARES SCALES FOR SAXOPHONE:
Bb Major > Page 14-16 > Exercises #45-55
7/14 – Learn #1
9/15 – #10
For fun use Randon number generator: https://www.random.org/
- MELODIOUS & PROGRESSIVE STUDIES:
10/6 – REVIEW: Page 8, C minor > tempo = 8th note=120/126 bpm
10/6 – NEW – Bb Major > tempo = 120-132 > 8th note > set to 3
- ALL MINOR SCALES | LINK
– 10/20/2020 – Natural Minors
– Harmonic Minor
– Melodic Minor
– IF you think can play the scales two octaves, give it a try.
– Play chords for the easier scales.
- FIRST PRACTICAL STUDIES:
SCSBOA & CBDA :
HONOR BAND SCALES / SET D / E major + C major + Chromatic / PDF
Adagio & Allegro | PDF sheet music / Adagio @ 69 / Allegro @ 176+ = 8th note >> or more (204).
LISTEN TO VIOLIN VERSION:
Violin Sonata №6 in E major, Op.1-15
0:53:23 – 1. Adagio
0:55:45 – 2. Allegro
- TABLEAUX DE PROVENCE
Sheet Music: click here
June 16 – Farandoulo – ALL of the 1st page > 8th note = 152
June 23 – Cansoun > 8th note = 120
June 30 – Review: Farandoulo & Cansoun (above)
- SCALE EXERCISES:
Circle of Fifths: click here
— start at C and go left around the circle
Scales & Modes: click here
- JAZZ ASSIGNMENTS
- BIG BAND CHARTS
- Flight of the Foo Birds | PDF | Audio | YouTube
- PLAY from M9 to M19.
- Print it out. Write out the rhythm from M19 to M25.
- Count Bubba’s Revenge | PDF | Audio | YouTube
- Sticks (Arr: Mike Kamuf) | PDF | Audio | YouTube
- Step Lightly (Mike Kamuf) | PDF | Audio | YouTube
- EASY JAZZ CONCEPTION
- JIM SNIDERO | ALL TRACKS ON DROPBOX – CLICK HERE
- ALSO ON MY WEBSITE – CLICK HERE
- 8/11 – HOT & HUMID – Track 4 / Track 21
- 7/14 – SO LONG BIRDIE – Track 3 / Track 20
- 7/7 – MORNING CALM – Track 2 / Track 19
- 7/7 – BASIE’S BLUES – PDF / Track 1 / Track 18
- JAZZ TRANSCRIPTONS / SOLOS
- Spectacular | PDF | Backing Track | YouTube <– need to find this track!
- MARIO BROTHERS