WHS SYMPHONIC BAND MUSIC | FALL 2020
CHROMATIC SCALE | Everyday
– How many notes can you play in one breath?
– Chromatic Scale: Low C1 to double high C4
– Maintain rhythm integrity with 3 note slurs. Then 6 note slurs. THEN 12 note slurs.
NEW: MINOR SCALES FOR FLUTE | LINK
– GO TO PAGE 5 – MELODIC MINORS / C, F & Bb
PARES SCALES BOOK
Take all repeats (2-3). // Try to play daily
Play the exercises with some speed || Analyze the exercise for patterns.
* Watch out for your breath marks that change every other measure. Quick breaths!
* Keep a steady rhythm.
REVIEW, POLISH AND CONQUER!
Page 3 – Exercises #5 | 8th = 88 bpm
Page 4 – Exercises #7
Page 4 – Exercises #8
Page 4 – Exercises #9 & 10 > Embouchure Studies > SLUR the whole line or as many measures as you can in ONE BREATH. Adjust your embouchure for the wide gaps.
FIRST PRACTICAL STUDIES > SIGHTREADING & TIMING USING YOUR METRONOME
Speed is your friend! Speed builds good tone and makes you “think quicker” by reading ahead. Speed reading!
Number your measures > every 4 bars
PRACTICE / POLISH / OWN IT!
Page 5 – [E] – Chromatic Scale > Work on playing it FAST!! << reassigned
Page 6 – Review #3 > Tempo = 120-126 > Try to “not” breath after every measure. Every two measures is fine.
Page 7 – Etudes #4 & 5
Page 8 – Etudes #6 & 7
MATERIALS & TOOLS / ALL LINKS in blue are hyperlinks