WHS BAND GRADUATION MUSIC
- POMP & CIRCUMSTANCE, STAR WARS THRONE ROOM, ALMA MATER > PDF
- Pomp & Circumstance > YouTube
- Star Wars Throne Room > YouTube
- G to A trill (see below):
- D to E trill (see below):
- HS Chromatic Scale | WRITTEN SCALE | FINGERING CHART | Aiming for 1-2 breaths
- 3. Melodic Minor | LINK
- One octave with chords outline.
- 4. PRACTICAL STUDIES | *use your new metronome
- Jan 11 > Page 10
- A – “The Scale”
- B – “Scale Exercise”
- C – “Exercise in Thirds”
- Jan 11 > PREVIEW: Page 9, Etude 8.
- Lines A-D > Tempo=92/96 to fermata, then reset metronome
- UPDATED with matching tempo > Lines E-H > Tempo=92
- Jan 11 > Page 10
WHS AUDITION > MAY/JUNE 2021
- FLUTE HS SCALES, SET A | PDF
- Concertino, C. Chaminade (Southern) | PDF | YouTube 1 | YouTube 2 | YouTube3
- Beginning through C
- 1 bar after G through 1 bar after J
WHS SYMPHONIC BAND MUSIC | FALL 2020
- March 15 – The Quest | PDF | YouTube
- March 15 – Crowns of Glory | PDF | YouTube
- Feb 8 – Hiding in the Shadows | PDF | YouTube
- Feb 1 – Heart of Gold | PDF | YouTube
- Oct 26 – Starscapes | PDF | Audio Link | mp3
- Oct 19 – Dance of the Harlequins | PDF | Audio Link
- Sept 21 –Washington Post March | PDF | Audio Link | YouTube
- Sept 14 – Ashton Overture | PDF | Audio Link
- Sept 7 – Irish Rising | PDF | Audio Link
- Sept 2 – Ruminations | PDF | Audio Link
CHROMATIC SCALE | Everyday
– How many notes can you play in one breath?
– Chromatic Scale: Low C1 to double high C4
– Maintain rhythm integrity with 3 note slurs. Then 6 note slurs. THEN 12 note slurs.
NEW: MINOR SCALES FOR FLUTE | LINK
January 11 | Melodic Minor
January 4 | Harmonic Minors
November 2 | Natural Minors
PARES SCALES BOOK
Take all repeats (2-3). // Try to play daily
Play the exercises with some speed || Analyze the exercise for patterns.
* Watch out for your breath marks that change every other measure. Quick breaths!
* Keep a steady rhythm.
REVIEW, POLISH AND CONQUER!
Page 4 – Exercises #7
Page 4 – Exercises #8
Page 4 – Exercises #9 & 10 > Embouchure Studies > SLUR the whole line or as many measures as you can in ONE BREATH. Adjust your embouchure for the wide gaps.
MATERIALS & TOOLS / ALL LINKS in blue are hyperlinks
- FLUTE FINGERING CHART
- METRONOME ONLINE
- CHROMATIC SCALE | HS FULL RANGE
- FLUTE | 12 MAJOR SCALES
- SCALES BY KEY SIGNATURE | CIRCLE OF FIFTHS
- CONCERTINO FOR FLUTE | CHAMINADE