DECEMBER 23, 2020
Outstanding Soloist piece
OCTOBER 28, 2020
Outstanding Soloist with backing track | PDF MUSIC
OCTOBER 21, 2020
BARI: ROMPE CABEZA
FLUTE: ALL MINOR SCALES | PDF | will start next week
*Everything in BLUE is a link to music or a music video.
Everything in BLUE is a link to music or a music video.
LINDERO JAZZ A
I Love Lucy | PDF | Audio | YouTube
Big Noise from Winnetka | Bari-PDF | Flute-PDF | Audio
Boogie Stop Shuffle | PDF | Audio
Limbo Jazz, Bari Sax | PDF | Audio
Limbo Jazz, Flute | PDF | Audio
10/07 – SOS (George Shutack) | PDF | Audio
10/14 – Rompe Cabeza | PDF | YouTube-1 | YouTube-2 | audio
ALL MINOR SCALES | PDF
PRACTICAL STUDIES | Repeat difficult exercises until you have some mastery over them.
- Hold half-notes and anything longer to work on VIBRATO! Add fermatas to those note.
- 4 bar breathing
- AUGUST 12 – Page 9, #8 > Tempo =4/4= 96-100 … then set to cut time = 48-50
- Practice fast parts without the metronome. THEN when you feel you’re ready to play it fast, add bring the metronome back in.
- AUGUST 12 – LEARN pages 10 & 11 > all exercises and etude(s)
PARES SCALES FOR FLUTE
JULY 8, 2020 | See assignment in PINK
REVIEW: #29 – Repeat 4x in a row | Tempo = 112
Breath after the 1st 8th note after the group of 16ths.
And take small sips of air between the “staccato” 8th notes.
REVIEW: #30 – Repeat 4xs in a row | Tempos = 104, 108 & 112
Breath in the pockets as you have them marked in the music.
REVIEW: #31 & 32 – Embourchure studies. “Slur as many tones as possible”
Two choices of slurs marked. All in the one breath. Or in 3 breaths. Hold the last note as long as possible!
Take note of the embourchures changes need for a “smooth transtition”.
NEW! #33 – D MAJOR STUDIES | Scales top & bottom. Watch out for the NEW key signature
NEW! #34, 35 – Exercises in D Major
NEW! #36 – Challenging exercise in D Major
NEW! EXTRA/BONUS | Preview #37, 38 & 39 (same rules apply as before)
– #33, 34, 35, 36 – Tempo = 84/88
- OUTSTANDING SOLOIST
Minuet from L’Arlesienne by Bizet
Solo – tempo = 68
Summer band / jazz
- BEEN THERE, DONE THAT > Play along
- KILLER JOE > Play along
- ALL IS WELL, THAT ENDS WELL > Play Along
- BASIN STREET BLUES > Play Along
- WITCHCRAFT > Play Along