Dear Clients & Students,
With the new order of restrictions set in place by Mayor Garcetti, I feel it will be prudent to suspend private lessons in person starting tomorrow, Wednesday, March 18, even though one on one lessons fall into the “being compliant” format.
UPDATE: Suspending lessons until the “all clear” is given. Stay tuned!
Skype, Facebook or any other means of lessons will be available.
If you have Windows 10 and some Apple/Mac Computers already have Skype installed as an app.
Email me to set up online lessons.
New students/clients can email me at: email@example.com
ONLINE LESSONS / TEST RUNS
Let’s set up a test run ahead of time or otherwise we’ll be using the lesson time to get it going.
PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE!
HERE’S A GOOD GUIDE TO PRACTICING FOR MUSIC STUDENTS BASED ON GRADE LEVEL — PRACTICING 5-7 DAYS A WEEK.
* remember your son/daugther(s) ARE in band 5 days a week. So there’s no excuse to NOT practice during the restricted period.
- 6th-7th grades: 45min-60min a day (30 mins is not enough, that’s just a “warm up”. They are in band 45 mins a day. Nothing should change
- 8th grader: 1-2 hours a day (can be split up in two sessions). For any 8th grader wanting to be a superstar — more than 2 hours.
- 9-12th grades: 2 hours or more with all the free time they have. They are older and can physically handle longer practice sessions, even splitting it up into 2-4 sessions.
BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS!
- I have LOADED up your kids with TONS of music books so there is NO EXCUSE for them not having enough materials.
- Smart Music is another option they can explore. It’s a $40 a year subscription. SOME SCHOOLS ARE OFFERING FREE SMART MUSIC SUBSCRIPTIONS — SO CHECK FIRST or try the free trial period.
- Students can cruise the SmartMusic menu of band arrangement that show the music on screen and challenge themselves to play these arrangements “at speed”.
- They can slow the music down and slowly bring the speed up.
- SMARTMUSIC WEBSITE: https://www.smartmusic.com
- This is the time to transcribe! Find a song on YouTube and slow it down.
- MODES and SCALES. Work on your modes & scales in ALL KEYS. Many of you are complacent on working on this. If you forgot or want guidance – online lessons will help immensely!
PAYMENTS: Can be made through check (snail mail), Venmo or PayPal. Again – email me to get more info!
- If anything this is a test run for us Californians, us adults and parents — to see and learn how we can all cooperate together not only during this time of the COVID-19 pandemic and for anything that comes our way in the future that might be of a more serious nature.
- The goal should be for us to be smart and work together with kindness.
- Protect kids’ hearts & minds as this is stressful for them (remember duck and cover?) knowing that Teamwork makes the Dreamwork!
If you have any questions, concerns please contact me!
Trusting that there will be “Sunny Days Ahead!”
Take care and be well! ~ Cece