As we head into audition season, we want to pass along a few helpful notes:
- Encourage your students to register early, even if they do not have their solo excerpt or audition date picked out. As registration fills out, applicants are less likely to get their preferred date and time.
- Each student (new and returning) is required to audition. This gives us a chance to see how they have progressed with their solo repertoire.
- We recommend playing a solo excerpt that is technically and musically more advanced than the orchestra/section they are auditioning for.
- Encourage your students to polish their orchestral excerpts technically and musically. How they prepare a selection of the season’s repertoire is a reflection of how they will prepare for the season.
- Our audition process is designed to help students find the ensemble and section that they will grow in the most. If you have additional information on your incoming students that you think will be helpful, please do reach out. We will do everything we can to ensure each musician is supported and encouraged.
- Please keep an eye on our concert calendar. We would love to see you at our concerts this season!
Thank you for everything you do for the young musicians in our community. We look forward to a wonderful season!
CVYO Faculty and Staff
July 28th and 29th
August 11th and 12th