DECEMBER 20, 2020
SCSBOA Auditions due: February 5, 2021 at 11:59 PM
ALTO SAXOPHONE | JAZZ MIDDLE SCHOOL
- KLOSE > TONE & TECHNIQUE BUILDING | PDF
SCSBOA JAZZ 2020 > SET D | PDF
Honor Jazz Band (6-9) Audition Directions
- 1. Winds: Chromatic Scale: Lowest note to highest comfortable note and back down. Perform at a comfortable tempo.
- 2. Etudes (George Stone) > Please play the etudes in any order
- Saxophones (separate for alto, tenor, and bari): Swing, Ballad, Latin
- 3. Improvisation (All instruments except drums)
- “A Little of This” (F Blues) from “Volume 42: Blues in All Keys” by Jamey Aebersold
- Brass/Saxophone players: Play the head and solo over 2-4 choruses
- Flight of the Foo Birds | PDF | Audio | YouTube
- PLAY from M9 to M19.
- Print it out. Write out the rhythm from M19 to M25.
- Count Bubba’s Revenge | PDF | Audio | YouTube
- Step Lightly (Mike Kamuf) | PDF | Audio | YouTube
ALTO SAX | HIGH SCHOOL CLASSICAL
- SCSBOA SCALES | PDF
- ALTO SAXOPHONE SOLO EXCERPTS | PDF
- Sonata Op. 19, Creston (Shawnee)